This forum has two major uses: Petitioning and Promoting for new or current usergroups.
Getting A New User Group Started
If the User Group that you're looking for doesn't exist, you are welcome to start a thread in this sub-forum petitioning for it to be created. There are two types of User Groups that we allow, and we ask that they meet different criteria before we'll create them.
1) Location User Groups
These are largely for you to find people in your area, be it for the purposes of meetups, finding local bargains, group orders, or whatever you like. We aim to have usergroups definied by region. The US has been divided into regions so for now, we will not approve groups for specific states or cities.
The regions of Europe, Central/South America, and Asia are for all users in these areas, but you can request specific countries within each locale if you have enough users. (eg Australia, the UK.)
We ask that you get a total of at least 25 members
wanting to join your Location User Group before we create. Simply start a thread with the title of your location, and when you have 24 replies, report it to the mods.
2) Interest User Groups
These can be as varied as your imagination. While we'd like most of our User Groups to be focused on some aspect of the dolls (with the exception of OT Discussion), there's plenty of scope in there for you to come up with something. You're also welcome to request User Groups that meet a certain demographic of the user base, for example, Users over 30 -- or under 30!
We ask that you get a total of at least 40 members
wanting to join your User Group before we create it. Simply start a thread with the title of the group you'd like to create, and when you have 39 replies, report it to the mods.
Please note that creation of any User Group is dependant on final approval by the forum administrators. Furthermore, User Groups are reviewed every two months, and User Groups that are not attracting much activity will be closed or merged with other similar User Groups. The definition of "not enough activity" will be made by the Mods on a case-by-case basis.
To request a new usergroup be made, please start a new thread in this forum with Petitioning: Usergroup Name
as the subject line.
Good ideas for User Groups:
These are user group ideas that we think will be largely a positive addition, will foster community spirit, and will encourage activity and friendship groups.
Bad ideas for User Groups:
- User groups that are dedicated to certain age groups (ie 20-30 year olds, over 40s.)
- User groups for interests in certain doll types or styles (ie childlike dolls, mature dolls, boys love/yaoi, girls love/yuri, pirate-themed, futuristic themed, gothic, lolita)
- User groups for interests that are tangentially related to the dolls (ie ABJD art, ABJD roleplay, photography)
These are user group ideas that we think will not get a lot of activity or may foster mindsets that we think it would be preferable to avoid.
- User groups dedicated to an interest, idea or concept that does not promote discussion about itself.
- User groups that are dedicated to a single headmold or single company. (Please utilize our Databases for this! )
- User groups focused primarily on negativity.
- User groups focused primarily on wank or snark. (Please use Den of Demons for this! )
- User groups for posting sexually gratuitous/pornographic pictures or addressing strongly controversial topics. (Please use Controversial Doll for this! )
Promoting Current Usergroups:
Already have a usergroup, but would like to attract more members and get it more exposure? This is quite welcomed as well! Begin a new thread with the subject line starting with Promoting: Usergroup Name
and let everyone know more about your group and why they might be interested in joining.
Please note that promoting threads may only be bumped once per day!